Direct School Admission (DSA)
Fairfield Methodist School (Secondary) welcomes applications from Primary 6 students in the current academic year to take part in the Direct School Admission (DSA-Sec) Exercise. We seek to provide an environment which will nurture your abilities and enable you to reach your fullest potential as a student sportsperson/performer.
DSA Promotional Video
Parents and students are encouraged to choose wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind our school’s academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes that are available to develop the area of talent.
Successful students, regardless of stream, will gain admission into FMS(S) for the academic year beginning January 2024 and will complete their secondary school education in FMS(S) as long as they meet the set criteria for DSA to FMS(S) and pass the PSLE.
Areas offered by FMS(S) for DSA-Sec Exercise
|Badminton (Mixed)||Choir (Mixed)|
|Basketball (Boys)||Modern Contemporary Dance (Mixed)|
|Football (Boys)||Concert Band (Mixed)|
Detailed criteria are provided in the respective page of each group.
English Drama & Guitar Ensemble are no longer offered for DSA
Follow these steps to apply your child’s application:
1) Applicants studying in MOE mainstream primary schools: Only one parent’s SingPass is needed to log in. If parent/guardian is unable to apply online, they can approach the child’s primary school for assistance.
2) Please refer to the following link for Direct School Admission (DSA-Sec): Apply
3) Applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools:
Parents should apply online for a Registration Number, so they can apply through DSA Portal. This is done using an online form via MOE DSA website.
4) The application period for DSA is from 4 May 2023, 11am to 31 May 2023, 3pm. Applicants must submit their applications through the DSA-Sec Portal by 3pm on Wednesday, 31 May 2023. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Timeline for DSA
1) Selection of Trials/Auditions
- Applicants who are shortlisted will be notified to attend the Selection Trials.
- For Sports CCA, please refer here.
- For Performing Arts CCA, please refer here.
- Applicants who are not successful will be informed via letters/email.
2) Outcomes of DSA-Sec Applications
- Applicants will know the outcome of their applications via letters/email.
- Selected students will receive DSA-Sec offers directly from schools by Monday, 11 September 2023.
3) Submission of School Preference (from 9am on Monday, 23 October 2023 to 3pm on Friday, 27 October 2023).
- You can submit your child’s preferences:
- Through the DSA-Sec Portal.
- In person at your child’s primary school.
- Applicants who have received at least one DSA-Sec offer may indicate up to three school preferences.
- Details will be provided to successful applicants.
4) Release of Results (between Wednesday, 22 November and Friday, 24 November 2023).
- Applicants studying in mainstream schools will receive their DSA-Sec results together with their PSLE results through their primary schools.
- If your child is currently not studying in a MOE school, you will be informed via email.
After reading through the FAQ page here, you may contact the following staff if you still have questions:
- Mr. Shahrin (DSA Coordinator) at email@example.com (for Selection Trials & Interviews)
- Mr. Francis Ng (HOD PE & CCA) at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Sports-related DSA enquires)
- Mr. Alester Tan (SH CCA) at email@example.com (for PA-related DSA enquires)